Monday, December 04, 2006

Counting blessings

Name ONE BLESSING that you feel has affected your life in a major way.



Just one? Okay. My arthritis getting worse.

Seriously. A real blessing in disguise. I've had arthritis most of my life, but until the birth of my children, it was a minor inconvenience rather than anything that affected my life to any great degree. A diet to take care of the allergies, the occasional week of pain with my legs strapped up, and that was it.

Then, after the birth of my children, it got worse. I could no longer depend on steady health, and since no one, doctor or not, could predict when an attack was coming on, and an attack, which meant I couldn't walk, could last any time between a week and six months, I couldn't hold down a steady job any more.

So I started wondering what work I could do from home, because I can't sit at home twiddling my thumbs all day. I took up writing seriously, something else that had haunted me all my life.

And, ma, look at me now! Writing my fifth (or is it sixth) Department 57 book, just sold a new historical romance to another publisher, a new world has opened up for me. The best job I've ever had, if not the best paying one!



Lynne Connolly





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: