Friday, November 24, 2006

Pen Names

I have been considering a pen name myself.!

My name is pretty bland but I like my name and have envisioned it blazoned across a cover. I write contemporary stories and haven't branched out to other genres. Beverly Johnson, one of my favorites, write both historical and contemporary romances under her own name. The two genres are written by different publishing houses so there seems to be minimal confusion. Maybe I can do the same.

I have read that some publishers, particularly the category houses, ask authors to use pen names that sound romantic and have flair. If I'm asked, I'd use one in a hurry. The point is to get published.

I have considered using a pen name for the sake of privacy. Who knows if my kid wants all of her friends to know that I write "those books."

I haven't decided yet, but it's in the back of my mind.
Angela

No comments: